50 Things You Have To Do While You Live on Campus
Bored at home after another unforgettable year at Carolina? Or maybe you just can’t wait to experience your first year on campus? Keep reading to fix some of the summer blues, and plan the exciting year ahead! Unfortunately, your time living on campus can’t last forever. Make the most of your on-campus years by completing everything on this list. I promise, you’ll have the time of your life doing it. And if you do, don’t forget to snap a few pictures and send them in so we can post them on our social media accounts!
- Stargaze in Kenan Stadium. You won’t always be walking distance from this legendary football stadium. Take your significant other (aka your roommate) and soak in a beautiful Chapel Hill night.
- Sled down Skipper Bowles on a snow day. Grab your best friends and anything with a smooth, slippery surface for what’s sure to be the best 10 seconds of your day. Extra points if you use a DPS traffic block (you didn’t hear it from us).
- Hang a hammock on Ehringhaus lawn. Study, nap, play the guitar – whatever you want, and relax – you’ve earned it.
- Have a picnic on the quad. Nothing screams college more than picnicking in front of Wilson Library on a sunny day.
- Go to a free CUAB movie at the Union. Be smart – embrace the life of broke college student.
- Join every club you like at Fallfest. And then unsubscribe from almost all the listservs. It is important to find what you’re actually interested in, but tha
t doesn’t mean you shouldn’t give Quidditch a chance.
- Create or join an intramural team. You don’t have to win to have fun… but those intramural champion t-shirts are pretty cool.
- Get an on-campus job. Sometimes having money is nice, and this way you get to stay on-campus and meet some awesome other students (shoutout campus rec).
- Go to a group fitness class at the SRC or Rams Head. Try something new like Zumba and get your workout in. Don’t forget to show off your moves somewhere next Saturday night too.
- Pull an all-nighter. Don’t be afraid to wear your pajamas in the UL at 4 am, as Zac Efron said, “we’re all in this together”.
- Get a 100% on an exam. Good luck with this one.
- Collect as much free stuff as possible at Fallfest. College motto: If it’s free, take it. Do I wear my XXL UNC Women’s Rugby Shirt? No. Do I regret getting it? Definitely not.
- Play racquetball at Fetzer Gym. Need a fun date idea? Impress that girl from your Bio 101 class with your new LFIT skills.
- Take a selfie with Carol Folt. Our chancellor is infamous for her selfies with students, and it’s sure to get you maximum likes on Instagram.
- Follow UNC Housing on social media. Shameless plug, but you won’t regret it – I’ve heard they’re hilarious.
- Rush Franklin when we beat Dook this year – or win the Natty. Don’t be that person that walks, run like your life depends on it.
- Host a Cinco de Mayo party in your dorm. If you’re done with exams, celebrate/mourn the end of the semester with your suitemates.
- Order in with your roommate. Have some roomie bonding time by ordering something from Takeout Central and watching a movie together. Even if you hate each other now, you’re gonna miss this person when you don’t see them everyday
- Sneak onto a roof. Any roof, anytime,
- Go to TEDxUNC. Learn something new and have fun doing it.
- Jog around campus. One of the best ways to explore campus is jogging through it. Chances are you’ll run into that hot boy from your 8 am and show him how #fit you are.
- Go to the Sunset Serenade. This is my favorite Week of Welcome event. Watching all the acapella groups sing is a great way to start fall semester.
- Take lots of pictures. You’ll want to remember these years.
- And occasionally, don’t take any pictures. Sometimes you need to just put down your phone and live in the moment.nywhere, just do it.
- Attend a Varsity sporting event that’s not football or basketball. I don’t know about you but I’ve heard the rowing team’s home race is pretty lit. #ROWHEELS
- Paint your face and get in the front row for a football game. People say we’re not a football school, but did we go undefeated at home this year? Oh yeah, we did, didn’t we?!
- Drink from the Old Well on FDOC. I must be doing it wrong because for some reason I don’t have a 4.0 gpa.
- Go to YOPO. Go to Yopo a lot… like a lot. And try the Oreo.
- Take pictures in front of the Old Well with your squad on a snow day. Or a sunny day, or on a cloudy day… or just any day.
- Link arms with strangers at the end of a Basketball game in the Dean Dome to sing ‘Hark the Sound’. It’s always a magical moment, especially when we win, which is most of the time.
- Binge watch Game of Thrones. Take advantage of the free HBO GO while you can. I’m not telling you to procrastinate studying for your upcoming midterm, but…
- Watch a basketball game from the risers. Worth the wait.
- Sit in the arboretum. A beautiful hidden campus gem; meditate, do yoga, picnic, or make out on a hidden bench, the possibilities are endless.
- Go to Late Night at Rams. Especially when they have turkey burgers, or when Say is making omelettes, or just go every night.
- Go to Late Night at Lenoir during exams. It’s like late night met an awkward middle school dance – and there’s candy… lots of
- People watch in the Pit. Watch Gary the Pit Preacher while you run into approximately everyone you’ve ever met.
- Visit the Outdoor Recreation Center. A short walk from south campus, you won’t regret exploring everything this underutilized resource has to offer. From glowstick ziplining to high ropes courses there are plenty of ways to bond with all your new friends.
- Ride the full P2P route. One night that you don’t go out, grab your friends and ride the whole thing. If you go on a Saturday night you’re sure to be fully entertained… just avoid the guy that looks like he’s about to puke.
- Go to RHA’s silent disco. It’s your own private dance party with thousands of your closest friends. Get there early to get a free t-shirt because #freestuff.
- Run the stairs at Kenan Stadium. Get a peep into the life of
a student-athlete, and then go get a large Yopo after.
- Sit on the Davie Poplar Bench with your significant other. Who knows, I’ve heard lots of stories about married couples that met during undergrad at UNC.
- Climb the climbing wall at the Rec Center. Utilize this cool place while you live just a few minutes away, and get a cool insta at the same time.
- Walk across campus in the morning as the sun is rising. You only get a few years to live on the most beautiful campus in the country, make sure you take the time to appreciate it.
- Go to $1 hot dog day at the Bosh. A 2 min walk from Ehaus and Avery … Baseball, hot dogs, and the Tar Heels. #MERICA
- Join a random group of people playing soccer on Ehringhaus fields. Chances are they’ll be happy to let you join, and if not, slowly walk away and avoid eye contact.
- Make a walk of shame… from Davis to the UL at 2 am. We’ve all been there, and at least you won’t be doing it in heels.
- Visit Gimghoul Castle. Go explore this haunted building at night, but don’t forget your flashlight.
- Nap on a couch at Graham Memorial on a rainy day. Don’t even try to study on one of these overstuffed couches, you will fall asleep within 3 minutes flat.
- Watch the streakers in the library during exams. Or be a streaker – that’s a personal preference.
- Be thankful every single day that you live in the best place on earth. It’s always a GDTBATH.
Don’t forget to email me pictures of all your adventures next year – email@example.com!