Bus Here, Bus Anywhere

Alright y’all! This post is dedicated to a topic that is near and dear to my heart: bus transportation. I was surprised to find out that only a few people were as ecstatic as me about the public transportation system in Chapel Hill. I mean, the system is so expansive and can take you to so many places! This post is dedicated to you students who have yet to learn those bus routes- you have no excuses now!

Life’s solution to the hassle called walking.

Here are a few scenarios and the bus routes I’d take:

Note: This is more oriented towards first-year students, who are probably less familiar with the bus system.

I need to… go to class

There are a ton of different routes to get to class! The RU, CCX, and will take you to the Student Stores area which is close to many buildings on the lower quad. The RU and are your best bets if you have class on the upper quad.

I need to… go grocery shopping

The J is going to be your all stop grocery bus! Not only is the new Super Target on the J’s route, but stay on a little longer and it’ll take you to the Harris Teeter in Carrboro. If you need some basics, the route puts you on Franklin Street, where the CVS and Walgreens are.

I need to… get somewhere out of Chapel Hill

Chapel Hill is a great place to be, but it’s understandable to occasionally want to explore other areas every once in a while. Thankfully, there are a ton of different options to get there-wherever there is. The Triangle Transit is a great way to get somewhere in the Research Triangle. It only costs around 2-3 dollars per bus ticket, which is way cheaper than an Uber. The PART bus system will also take you to Greensboro, and only costs 2-3 dollars as well.

Because I really care about you guys (and the bus system), I made a diagram for you guys so it’s easier to picture all of these different routes! This map is in no way comprehensive of all the different routes and stops; I just put in the ones I found the most helpful.

This diagram was obviously made for usefulness and not appearance.

ALSO: NEXTBUS. DOWNLOAD THAT APP. IT WILL BE YOUR SAVIOR.