Hey Carolina Fam,
While we love being here for y’all by making goofs of ourselves, chatting it up when you stop at our table in during orientation, and organizing giveaways to stuff your cribs, we’re also well aware that things aren’t always sunshine and unicorn farts.
Life happens, and sometimes it can get a little tough. So as true family, just know that we are always ready and prepared to get you through whatever it is that you’re going through. Here are five (of the many, many, many) ways we’ve always got your back:
- Carolina Women’s Center, Gender Violence Services – UNC-CH’s Gender Violence Services Coordinator (GVSC), Cassidy Johnson, is there to provide emotional support, answer any and all questions about reporting options, and assist in navigation through any chosen reporting process. The Carolina Women’s Center GVSC, located in the Sonja Hanes Stone Center, is a completely confidential advocate, and is available to meet with on Monday – Friday, 9 AM – 4PM.
- SAFE at UNC – SAFE is a portal for resources and information about discrimination, harassment, sexual violence, interpersonal violence, and stalking. There are also quick reference guides available for seeking confidential medical attention and contacting law enforcement.
- LGBTQ Center – The LGBTQ (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, and Queer) Center is a safe, inclusive environment for students of all sexualities, gender identities, and gender expressions. From “Trans Talk Tuesdays” to the Safe Zone Training Program, the LGBTQ Center houses a plethora of educational programs, social events, and student support services. The Center is located in Suite 3226 of SASB North and is open Monday – Friday, 9AM – 5PM.
- Diversity and Multicultural Affairs, Inclusive Student Excellence (ISE) – Inclusive Student Excellence (ISE) aims to enhance all students’ journeys to, and through, higher education by offering a variety of programs and initiatives, many of which provide experience with targeted groups. Check out their website for mentoring, select scholarships, inclusive community service and work opportunities, and more.
- Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) – CAPS, a part of Campus Health Services that focuses on mental health wellness, provides various forms of therapy, medication management, walk-in assessments, academic intervention, and other urgent concerns you may have for yourself or another student. Office hours are Monday – Friday, 8 AM – 5PM, but if this is a first-time visit, drop in between 9AM – 4 PM.
UNC Housing Interns