Meet the Bloggers: Clara Wong

13235586_1085607684832653_4939146883967631036_oSup. If you’re looking for Clara Wong, you found me! If you’re not, well, you found me anyway.

Tell us about yourself!

I hail from Clarksburg, MD (reppin’ the DMV!) (that is not the Department of Motor Vehicles, thank you for asking) and am a rising Sophomore double-majoring in Journalism (Advertising) and Pre-Business.

Where did you live your first year? What did you like about it?

As a first-year, I made my humble abode in Craige Residence Hall. The perks were definitely not having to clean the bathroom and the proximity to the business school (great for first-years with classes or clubs there!). Having the social adeptness of a wild mushroom, I was initially hesitant about living suite-style in one of the most populated first-year dorms, but the social atmosphere turned out to be perfect for nudging me towards meeting other Tar Heels.

What have you been up to on campus and what else do you wish you had done?

I’m a part of Summit College, Chinese Language Community, and Build the Hill. Whatever you’re passionate or just curious about, there’s going to be a club for it at Carolina. For me, these activities reflect my enthusiasm for East Asian culture, my faith, and economic empowerment for the disadvantaged. While I’m a strong believer in a life philosophy of #noragrets, I wish I had spent more time participating in rallies or marches, attempting to be artsy, or just sleeping on the quad.

What is on your UNC bucket list?

Before I graduate, my heart says “try every restaurant on Franklin street” or “study abroad”, but my wallet suggests “play Squirtle in the Bynum Circle fountain” or “order a 20 oz. Tough Guy Chai” instead.

Random Cliches!

Favorite ways to destress: Museum hopping, blowing bubbles, indulging in me3baked goods

Deserted Island Item: Egg (Might as well die happy and well-fed)

Favorite artists: Oh Wonder, the xx, Twenty One Pilots

Entertain my virtual mailbox at wongcl@live.unc.edu and be my friend!

See you around the blog,

Clara Wong