Thanks for a great year of blog interaction and contest participation- your suggestions play a huge role in our effort to improve your future experience with UNC Housing and Residential Education. With that being said, please review the information posted below to help facilitate a smooth check out process.
Check Out Info
- You must check out of your residence hall within 24 hours after your last exam.
- The community closes at 10:00 AM on Wednesday, May 6th. If you have an extreme circumstance please fill out a Housing Late Stay form available via email.
- Review how to sign-up for a check-out appointment and how to prepare for move-out. If you are moving out BEFORE 5/1 find a time to check out with your RA. If you are moving on 5/1 or after, go to the front desk
- Remove all personal property, whether you are keeping it or throwing it out. Dispose of it properly.
- Clean and mop your floor (including removing any carpet tape/residue if you had your own carpet)
- Remove all of your trash/discards from the building and place in appropriate containers.
- Empty and clean your trash can and Recycling Tote.
- Place all furniture and furnishings in original position and restore to proper order, including beds
- Assure window screens are present and installed properly.
- Close and lock your windows. Close blinds.
- Defrost and clean your refrigerator if you have a RHA micro-fridge.
- Dust and clean all surfaces (desktops, dresser tops, shelves, etc.).
- Empty and wipe clean all drawers (desk, dresser, closet shelves, etc.).
- Remove all tape, poster putty, etc. from all surfaces (walls, doors, etc.) and assure there are no holes.
- Clean your mirror.
- Return any enhancements or checked out items to the Community Office
- Have any stuff that you don’t want to take home? Donate it to Tar Heel Treasure! Information about the THT’s mission and how to drop off items for collection can be found here
- 24-hour Quiet Hours are now in effect and should be observed by all
- Vacuums, brooms, mops, etc will be in high demand over the next couple weeks; be sure to plan your cleaning accordingly so that supplies are available for your use