DTH Housing Fair Winners Announced!

Ah, a snow day. Fluffy white flakes swirling in the crisp air, hot chocolate by the fire radiator… And you, finishing your 2014-2015 Housing Application! That’s right, it’s due tomorrow, February 13, at noon and now that you don’t have class before 11 am, you’ve got no excuse. Head over to myhousing.unc.edu to apply!

Now that the important stuff is out of the way, let’s talk about free t-shirts and donuts. By that, I mean the annual Daily Tar Heel Housing Fair on February 5. As always, the fair was a huge success, with thousands of students stopping by throughout the day. We’d like to congratulate the winners of the drawing at our booth, Ashley Beauchamp, Rachel Lerner, and Gabrielle McHarg. On the topic of contests, our Housing Q&A winners are Srihita Bongu for the best question and Amber Weber for the best answer, and Tyra Pearson was the winner of the Daily Tar Heel Twitter Photo Contest. Our Facebook photo contest winners have also been announced:

1. Overall: Caroline Harding
2. “Bluest” life: Luke Miller
3. Best suite style: Liza Upton
4. Best hall style: Matthew Lovelace
5. Best apartment style: Heather Matia
6. Random “liker:” Madison Price

Congratulations to the winners, and a big thank you to all who entered!

If you’ve been paying attention, you may have noticed that this is our first post in quite a while. As UNC Housing’s new marketing content intern, my job is to keep you guys posted on all things housing-related. I’m Jillian, a junior who enjoys long walks through South Campus and regrets moving out of a dorm (but don’t tell my housemates I said that). Last year, I lived in Teague, and as a first year, in Ehringhaus, which I’m currently watching disappear under a blanket of snow outside my window. On that note, it’s time for me to head home to curl up with a mug of hot chocolate and put on “Frozen.”

Stay warm, Carolina, and, as always, GDTBATH!