Is on campus living significantly more or less expensive than off campus living? Or are they about the same?

4 Comments

1. Jessica
    Posted February 6, 2014 at 1:07 pm | Permalink

I would say it comes down to what you’re doing for food. If you live off campus and don’t purchase a meal plan it’s cheaper (granted the rent isn’t outrageous). However, living on campus with a reduced meal plan or none is probably the cheapest option. Living on campus is more convenient in my opinion since everything is much closer and accessible.

2. Julie
    Posted February 6, 2014 at 6:06 pm | Permalink

Depending on how you budget, living off campus has the potential to be cheaper. Personally, my room and board comes down to 1250$ a month with my 120 Block Meal Plan. I know for a fact that even if I was paying 800$ a month for an apartment, I wouldn’t be spending 750$ on food.

3. Ashlyn Rhodes
    Posted February 6, 2014 at 6:30 pm | Permalink

I would say that they’re probably about the same. Living on campus is definitely less complicated to figure out because it’s through the university. A meal plan is much more convenient than not having one, but it might be a little bit more expensive than not having one. So which one is best? It depends on what you’re looking for in terms of experience.

4. Jade Loendorf
    Posted November 14, 2014 at 3:28 pm | Permalink

If you find the right place off campus then it can be cheaper, especially if you live with a lot of people. However, it is difficult to find place close to campus. This means that instead of waking up at 7:30 for your 8:00am class you will be waking up a lot earlier. Personally I think that the convenience of living on campus out weighs the benefits of living off campus.

Post a Comment

You must be logged in to post a comment.